The first International Healthy Parks Healthy People Congress was held in Melbourne, Australia in April 2010. Hosted by Parks Victoria, the Congress attracted 1,200 participants from 37 countries. The Congress explored the many ways nature and parks significantly contribute to our health and wellbeing, and ensured the Healthy Parks Healthy People philosophy is now on the radar for government, education and business sectors globally.
Due to the size and complexity of the International Healthy Parks Healthy People Congress 2010 program, the full proceedings have been made available as a series of PDF documents.
Over the five days of the Congress, there were seven concurrent session blocks of oral presentations, workshops, group discussions and training sessions and eight plenary sessions. The proceedings of the presentations within each concurrent session block have been captured as a separate PDF whereas the plenary sessions have been captured in the one PDF.
If you have issues downloading any of the files below due to their large sizes, please right click on the file link with your mouse, select ‘Save target as’ and save the file to your computer before opening.
- PDF 1 is an index of presenters that will direct you to the correct PDF to view for a particular presenter. Some presenters will be involved with more than one presentation in more than one session.
- PDF 2 includes congress welcome speeches, plenary speakers and presentations, delegate listing, program committee members and sponsors.
The following interactive PDFs contain the 120 word abstracts or 5000 word papers plus the presentation from each of the presenters and workshops in this session (where supplied). The abstracts and presentations are linked from the program and from the presenter index.
- PDF 3a & PDF 3b– Concurrent session Monday 12 April 2010 11.00am – 12.30pm.
- PDF 4 – Concurrent session Monday 12 April 2010 1.45pm – 3.15pm.
- PDF 5 – Concurrent session Tuesday 13 April 2010 11.15am – 12.45pm.
- PDF 6a & PDF 6b – Concurrent session Tuesday 13 April 2010 2.00pm – 3.30pm.
- PDF 7a & PDF 7b – Concurrent session Tuesday 13 April 2010 4.00pm – 5.30pm.
- PDF 8 – Concurrent session Thursday 15 April 2010 11.00am – 12.30pm.
- PDF 9a & PDF 9b – Concurrent session Thursday 15 April 2010 2.00pm – 3.30pm (includes abstracts for poster presentations).